mardi 22 septembre 2009

Begging For Incest


Hello Jan ! How are you ?
Thanks a lot for this interview.


First I got to apologize that I let you wait this long time..
I´m really glad to do this interview with you!


You have recently played at the Deathfeast Open Air. Give us your feelings.
What memories have you got of this fest ?

Well, as this is the biggest Open Air Festival in this music genre, it was a great pleasure to play that show. Didn´t play in front of such a crowd. It was really amazing!


And how did happen your second show at the Houten Deathfest ?

As Arnoud, the organizer, personally seems to like our music he asked us again..and I think that it´ll be a third time possible.


Pathologically Explicit rec is your current label. How long have you been working with them ? Have you worked with other labels before ?

Pathologically, Fernando, just released our first EP and did the merch for it..as we´ve been existing just since about 3 years, we didn´t work with other labels. I hope so, that we approximately can release new stuff in 2010..but not sure which it´ll be.


Talking about Merch, I think everything is sold out even by your label.
Is something new coming out soon ?

I hope so that we can release some new merch and stuff really soon...
but I can´t promise anything.


You are from Köln and around.It looks like a nice city, we went there sometimes notably for the Music Store Shop. What do you think of Köln ?

Well, as it is my hometown where I was born and raised, I couldn´t think anything bad of it.I´m sure I will stay most of my life here and will keep on doing music with people from here! :)


And how is the Metal scene there ?

The problem that, because it´s such a big city, way too much gigs are organized here. So the people aren´t really motivated for smaller things, like supporting the underground. It´s not really easy to organize gigs over here, but if you keep up doing commercial for that shit and stuff, you get some good party!


What is different in your life since you are a member of Begging For Incest ?
( In Good and/Or bad too ).

That´s a really difficult question. As I´ve been a member in several bands I can´t tell what´s other in this band..except the one little thing that keeps me stick to this kind of music and of course this band..and that´s the emotion you get on stage with that slammingcirclepitcrowd..I can´t imagine moments in my life on stage getting that energy from the crowd.

Do you remember your first show with BFI ? How did it happen ?

The first show was hilarious. A really small location..really small with some Hardcore-crowd..but you can´t call it crowd..just a few people.Really not that special gig..but the following gigs got better and better..so also the music :D


I guess some technical problems or else are inevitable on stage.
Do you remember one in particular ?

Mhm, I can´t remember anything terrible with BFI, but I can remember one gig of an older band of mine when I was all the time so fucking drunk on stage that I just pulled my instrument cable out of my guitar twice when I was just acting :D
My bandmembers where really pissed off..but I didn´t care.


What kind of future would you like for BFI ?

That we just keep up good work together in the next years and hopefully play a european tour something.


In Metal, The artwork/design have an important place in the creation of albums covers, merch, myspace and other websites. Who is your favourite designer ?

I don´t care of special designer or something. Also I don´t like that every fucking band got a good artwork, but the music is the shit.How can it be that the artwork is more important than the music..and that whole bands who got Majewski-Artworks, except Devourment ;), are also miserable..of course the guy got some good stuff, but just try to make good music before you get that killer artworkstuff..


Since the creation of the band in 2007, you have made a demo, an EP and a Split. Have you got new Cd projects ?

We wrote new stuff and we´re still on the run, but new studio sessions are not planned..we hope to do somethin in 2010.


Now, you're looking for a new bass player. What kind of people do you search to complete the band ?
We´re just looking for motivated guys that fit in our little world of crazy musicians.I think that there must be a good bass player who likes slam his balls off and also is technical accomplished.


This is the end of the interview. You can add something if
you want. I wish you the best with Begging For Incest and Stay brutal.

I´d like to thank for that interview and the time you took for that.
Hope to see you soon in the pit in front of the stage! Stay slam. Jan

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire